Use this wire size in combination with MICRO sleeve. Very experienced sleevers will also use it with SMALL sleeve, but it's not for the average user, because it requires perfect "length-stretch and fix the sleeving" skills. Do NOT use it with XTC, only use XTC if you bundle 2 or more of these wires into one XTC sleeve.
Stranded 17 AWG hook-up wire C-White (RAL 9001), of course 100% tinned copper, no markings and coming as a beautiful large inner diameter ring to prevent spiral shaping as much as technically possible. At an outer diameter of only 2.00 mm, this is a class of its own.
C-White hookup wire is perfect to maximize the intensity of all medium and light cable sleeving colors. Professionals often use C-White hookup wire for all cables.
Maximized conductor size for lowest resistance, minimized outer diameter: This is the uncompromising MDPC-X 17 AWG hook-up wire C-White (RAL 9001), of course 100% made in Germany. This light color is typically used as the base for the lightest color shades in our cable sleeving spectrum.
What's better than a high cross-sectional diameter?
An even higher one! The bigger the cross-sectional diameter, the lower the electrical resistance. Heating issues at high load? Not anymore!
18 AWG is the standard size used in todays computers. At an outer diameter of only 2.00 mm MDPC-X now brings you the next bigger conductor size of 17 AWG, because we can. The outer diameter of only 2.00 mm allows you to use 17 AWG now in the same way as you used 18 AWG before - ideal for push-in connectors like SATA THROUGH. This wire exceeds 18 AWG in electrical performance while being smaller or the same in outer diameter.
- This wire comes in rings of 10 meter lengths
- Tinned copper conductor in PVC insulation according to VDE 0812
- -30°C to 80°C PVC insulation, flame resistant according to VDE 0482-332-1-2. Once braided with MDPC-X cable sleeving it is resistant from -58°C to +155°C. Short term peaks of 215°C can then also be handled without structural degradation
- Constant operating voltage: 900V, Test voltage 2.500V
- Electrical resistance per kilometer: max 18.5 Ohm
Attention: Hook-up wire is a relatively heavy item. It can quickly raise the weight based shipping cost to the next level.