MDPC-X Cable Sleeving
CABLE SLEEVING by MDPC-X: 100% unique and 100% made in Germany.
MDPC-X is the legendary cable sleeving since 2007, globally renowned as a class of its own. MDPC-X cable sleeving is globally unique in every aspect, living up to our no-compromise philosophy, bringing you the world’s leading color quality, manufacturing quality and base material quality. Manufactured on the most modern German machines by highly educated and well paid experts here in Germany at our MDPC-X manufaktur, MDPC-X cable sleeving can be bought directly from us or our global network of MDPC-X Stores and custom sleeving services in all 5 continents.
MDPC-X cable sleeving, no compromise!
- 100% made in Germany incl. all base materials, globally unique cable sleeves.
- Lead-free base materials and colors: No intoxication at inhalation while melting the sleeving.
- MDPC-X cable sleeving is 100% recyclable.
- Globally unique colors. Our world’s leading color creation technology allows us to create the most beautiful, saturated, brilliant and vivid colors.
- Many MDPC-X cable sleeving colors are fluorescent at UV-blacklight without compromising on opacity.
- Germany's highest quality UV stabilizers protect our cable sleeving material and color at outdoor use and UV exposure.
- Highly expandable sleeving, which can go over connectors and other obstacles. This makes MDPC-X the solution in a very wide range of applications.
- Maximum rigidity due to our lengthwise oriented braid construction allows the creation of perfectly straight or multi-curved cables free of wobbles.
- MDPC braided sleeving is used in Germany's automotive industry and made to its highest quality and protective standards.
- Can be used with and without heat shrink tubing.
Which MDPC-X sleeve size do I need?
MDPC-X offers six sizes of cable sleeving: MICRO sleeve, SMALL sleeve, XTC sleeve, FP sleeve, MEDIUM sleeve and BIG sleeve. Our expandable sleeving reaches maximum coverage and typical appearance at the lower-end or upper-end of the expansion range. XTC cable sleeve provides maximum coverage at the whole expansion range.
- MICRO sleeving can be used for cylindrical objects between ~1.5 mm to 4.0 mm in diameter. On very short distances you can move it over obstacles with a 4.5 mm diameter.
- XTC cable sleeve is the extreme version of classic SMALL sleeving, which creates a different look. Over the whole reduced expansion range, it provides the absolute maximum in coverage. XTC can be used for cylindrical objects between ~2.2 mm to ~5.0 mm in diameter. You can move the sleeving over diameters of ~5.5 mm at very short distances.
- SMALL cable sleeving can be used for cylindrical objects between ~2.0 mm to ~7.8 mm in diameter. You can move the sleeving over diameters of ~8.0 mm at very short distances.
- MEDIUM cable sleeves can be used for cylindrical objects between ~5.0 mm to ~14.5 mm in diameter. You can move the sleeving over diameters of ~15.0 mm at very short distances.
- BIG cable sleeve can be used for cylindrical objects between ~12.0 mm to ~24.0 mm in diameter. You can move the sleeving over diameters of ~25.0 mm at very short distances.
MDPC-X colors: A class of its own!
We create cable sleeving colors without compromising in any aspect, using the latest and most modern color creation technology from Germany.
- All base materials and colors for our cable sleeving products are lead-free! In Germany it is inacceptable to use such critical ingredients, which are still a standard in Asian productions.
- Germany’s highest quality UV-stabilizers are added to each color. This prevents material and color degradation when the product is exposed to daylight and when the cable sleeving is used outdoors.
- Color shades of a specific color will not vary from batch to batch. You can plan with the exact same color shade for the future.
- We do not give our color materials to anyone else in the industry. No other companies can offer the same identical shades and material mixtures.
- Translucency is reduced to the absolute technical minimum, even with our lightest and fluorescent (UV) cable sleeving colors.
Highly expandable sleeving: Expanding over obstacles, contracting on the target.
MDPC-X expandable braided sleeving does what the name implies. It can be expanded and contracted from bigger diameters to smaller diameters and the other way as well.
- High expandability allows you to use our cable sleeving in a wide range of applications and situations.
- You can easily put the cable sleeve over connectors or similar obstacles, which are a good bit bigger than the target cable or object itself. (This is not possible with "cotton" sleeving or overly dense cable sleeving constructions, which have no more expandability left)
- Expansion and contraction makes it very easy to put the cable sleeving onto objects. It allows you to put the sleeving onto cables of endless length.
- Our expandable sleeving adjusts its size to the target object / wire size. If the object is at the lower diameter limit of the cable sleeving size range, you stretch the cable sleeving lengthwise, fix it and then get the legendary MDPC-X rigidity.
Rigidity of MDPC-X: Perfect straights and multi-curved cables without wobbles.
Our classic cable sleeving is 100% designed for usability and technical advantages. The lengthwise oriented braid structure adds a perfect rigidity in lengthwise direction when stretched lengthwise.
- Each cable sleeving size reaches its maximum rigidity at the lower end of its diameter range.
- The MDPC-X rigidity removes all wobbles and mini-curves of the original cable, allowing you to shape a cable / wire perfectly straight. It can even hold a straight horizontal position in the air.
- Cable turns will flow in a perfectly even curve with perfect transitions to different angles and directions.
Protective quality: At the highest standards of Germany’s car industry.
You will find our black cable sleeving product in many German cars. Even in the Chinese factories of our German automotive manufacturers, no cable sleeving from local Chinese companies is used for many reasons. It is only taken from German subsidiaries.
- Extremely high abrasion resistance and tensile strength, while still being highly flexible and expandable.
- PET-X braided sleeving has self-extinguishing properties opposing to Nylon materials, which can burn suddenly and quickly.
- MDPC-X PET-X fibres are water repellent, stain resistant and - when exposed to UV daylight - will keep their color quality and material structure intact, opposing to "cotton style" Nylon based materials.
- MDPC-X cable sleeves are ready for extreme environments. Our materials withstand temperatures from -58°C to +155°C. Short term peaks of 215°C can also be handled without structural degradation.
- The cable sleeves can be melted at 240°C or higher temperatures. Melting can be controlled very well and used on purpose to fix the sleeving ends to the wire insulation or a structure on the object which serves as a holder.
- Excellent resistance to chemicals like oil, cleaning agents, gasoline and substances like sweat and salt water.
Sleeving techniques: With and without heatshrink.
MDPC-X cable sleeving can be used with and without heat shrink tubing. Both techniques were originally brought to perfection with MDPC-X since 2007. The internet is full of samples for every kind of cable sleeving technique and specific cable types.
- When the sleeved object is between the medium to maximum diameter range of the cable sleeve size, you will not need any additional method to hold the sleeving in position.
- When the sleeved object is at the low end of the cable sleeve diameter range, you stretch the sleeving lengthwise, so it sits tight on the object. To hold the cable sleeving stretched in this position, you either fix both ends with heatshrink OR melt the sleeving onto the object (so called "shrink-less method").
- Shrink-less sleeving method: To melt the cable sleeving onto the cable, you typically add heatshrink tubing over the cut area of the sleeving, when the sleeving is in place on the cable. Then you apply 250°C or more to the heatshrink. The cable sleeving will melt underneath the heatshrink and creates a bond with the object underneath. Then you remove the heatshrink tubing.
FAQ: How much cable sleeve do I need?
- Our general calculation formula is simple: Number of wires * length of wires + 20% = the quantity of cable sleeving, which you will usually need.
- This formula is valid when the cable diameter is within the low to medium expansion range of the specific cable sleeving size.
- If the sleeve is applied in expanded state close to the maximum diameter, you would need twice as much cable sleeving than the cable length itself.
FAQ: How much heatshrink do I need?
- The general calculation formula is simple: Number of wires * 2 * 1.5 cm + 20% = the quantity of heatshrink, which you will usually need.This formula is valid for situations where you have to fix the cable sleeve in lengthwise stretched state.
- It makes no calculation difference if you melt the sleeving underneath (the "shrink less method") and then remove the heatshrink, or if you just use heatshrink without melting underneath.
- If the cable sleeve is used in medium to fully expanded state, you will not need anything to hold the cable sleeve in position.